Monday, March 06, 2006

Dear National Space Society,

I have been a member of the NSS for several years, but this year I just can't afford it. I received my 'final reminder' letter today, and I responded by email. Here is what I sent to them:

Dear National Space Society,

I just received my last reminder letter from Buzz Aldrin, and I wanted to reply on why I am not renewing my membership. To be completely candid, I just don't have the money. I can't afford $60, I can't afford $30, I can't afford $5. I am starting to break into tears whenever I get another donation request through the mail or over the phone, because every single charity that I am aware of deserves all the money that they are asking for to fund your educational programs, their medical research and whatever else a charity might be asking for.

Please tell Mr. Aldrin that is why I have not renewed my membership in the NSS. I fully support what you are doing and what you stand for. You have done nothing wrong.

Thank you for everything that you do in support of a positive future for our children. Please don't give up, and don't quit. Neither will I.

---

Here is what I decided not to send to them:

I blame George Bush for this disaster, along with all the others that he has had happen on his watch. The Conservative fools in power are not Republicans, and they are destroying the party of Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower, while at the same time working hard to destroy the Democratic Party of Thomas Jefferson and John Kennedy. These destroyers are constantly telling people that the market will provide for people and the charities that people depend on, and that the rich people will step forward and make the donations that are necessary. This is a flat out lie, and they know it is a lie, and they do not care.

I am spending every waking moment, every dime I have and every breath in my body trying to rid this country of these people and their ideology.

---

One last thought on this. I do believe the market will provide for the needs of our charities and our people. It will be able to do that when we have taken it back from the people who have stolen it from us.

No comments: